Principal POPS Conductor Michael Feinstein puts down the conducting baton and picks up the microphone for one night only to sing a full concert devoted to Broadway for Michael Feinstein Sings Broadway on Saturday, July 29 at the Los Angeles County Arboretum. An old-fashioned crooner with luxuriant vocals that meld the traditions of old and new, Feinstein has been dubbed the “Ambassador of the Great American Songbook” for his preserving, presenting and interpreting of that seminal body of work. The multi-platinum-selling, two-time Emmy and five-time Grammy Award-nominated entertainer has curated an evening saluting the giants of Broadway in quintessential Feinstein fashion, covering the gamut from Gershwin to Sondheim and even Carole King and Barry Manilow. Highlights include hits from South Pacific, My Fair Lady, Hello Dolly, Into the Woods, Les Misérables and Beautiful, among many other beloved show tunes.
“Broadway has a legacy that has offered so many different kinds of music, and it is my goal to present some of the more classic Broadway music in confluence with some of the more wonderful contemporary music that is still emanating from that very special place. I’m particularly looking forward to singing the music of everything from Gershwin and Sondheim to music from Les Misérables and more contemporary classic musicals.” – Michael Feinstein
All concerts are held at the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Gardens. Grounds open for picnicking and dining at 5:30pm and performances begin at 7:30pm. Don’t miss the best outdoor dinner party in town with spacious circular table seating with fine linens, or lawn seating for those who want to bring a blanket – each option carries on the tradition of picnic-dining with your family and friends listening to Michael Feinstein and the San Gabriel Valley’s premier orchestra! Among many venue amenities, concert goers can enjoy pre-ordered gourmet box dinners for on-site pickup just steps from their table or a variety of food truck options.
The Arboretum is located at 301 North Baldwin Ave., Arcadia, CA. Subscribers may purchase pre-paid onsite parking at the Arboretum, and all concertgoers can purchase guaranteed and convenient parking at Santa Anita Park, with non-stop shuttle service to the Arboretum’s main entrance.
Single tickets starting at $30. Single tickets are on sale now are available by calling the box office at (626) 793-7172, online at PasadenaSymphony-Pops.org or at the Arboretum on concert days.
IF YOU GO:
- What: The Pasadena POPS presents Michael Feinstein Sings Broadway
Michael Feinstein, Soloist
Larry Blank, Resident Pops Conductor
- When: Saturday, July 29, 2023. Concert starts at 7:30pm. Gates open at 5:30pm.
- Where: The LA County Arboretum | 301 N Baldwin Ave., Arcadia, CA 91007
- Cost: Tickets start at $30.00
- Dining: Gates open at 5:30pm for picnicking. Guests are welcome to bring their own food and drink, pre-order boxed meals, or purchase from onsite food and beverage vendors.
- Parking: Subscribers have the opportunity to purchase onsite Arboretum parking. Single ticket holders may purchase guaranteed and convenient parking at Santa Anita Park, located just across Baldwin Ave., with non-stop shuttle service to the Arboretum’s main entrance for $15. Available for pre-purchase or cash only on-site.